1. Ensure the top surface of the beam and block structure is levelled with grout or a levelling topping.
2. If a radon barrier is required, lay this over the grouting layer and extend it across the wall cavity to the outer leaf.
3. Lay the Quinn Therm QF or Quinn Lite Pac insulation boards on top of the structural deck or radon barrier. The insulation boards should be tightly butted together and laid in a continuous layer to cover the entire floor. Where required, cut the insulation boards neatly around service penetrations to minimise heat loss through cold bridging.
4. Overlay the insulation boards with a polyethylene sheet to isolate the insulation from the floor screed. This will prevent moisture from the screed penetrating board junctions and causing movement.
5. Where heating pipes are to be embedded in the screed a proprietary clip system should be used to keep flexible piping in place until the screed has been laid.
6. Finish with the floor screed, ensuring that the insulation boards are fully protected from damage in the process.