Laker call recording policy
Laker Builders Merchant have a telephone system capable of recording conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and safeguarding purposes.
Calls received into Laker Builders Merchant may be recorded and will be retained in accordance with GDPR. ~ Any recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
The call recording facility may be automated or requested should a staff member receive an abusive or awkward call and accommodates incoming and external calls. There is in addition a recorded message in place to inform callers that their calls may be recorded, as well as this full policy being displayed upon www.lakerbfs.co.uk website.
Purpose of this call recording policy
In order to maintain high standards and protect the public and staff we may need to record telephone calls and retain them for a limited period of time.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation. This includes:
The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000;
Scope of policy
- There is a threat to the health and safety of staff or visitors or for the prevention or detection of crime;
- It is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures; or
- It will aid standards in call handling through use in training and coaching our staff.
- It is for safeguarding purposes, whether staff or customers.
Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the current Data Protection Act and the European General Data Protection Regulation. It will be:
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes;
- Accessible only to managerial staff after securing permission from the Head of Secretariat;
- Treated confidentially;
- Stored securely; and
- Not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed once the issue(s) in question have been resolved.
Advising callers that calls are being monitored/recorded
In addition to publishing this call recording policy upon our website. There is in addition a recorded message in place informing callers, Laker calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
- Data Protection Policy
- Information Security Assurances Policies
- Disciplinary Policy
- Safeguarding Policy
Procedures for managing and releasing call recordings•
The recordings shall be stored securely, with access to the recordings controlled and managed by the Data Protection Officer.
Access to call recordings will be given to Managers, Heads of Service and Directors of those teams, as they will be assessing call quality etc.
Call Recording Policy – May 2018
Individuals requesting access to their call recordings will be dealt with as a subject access requests.
Browsing of recordings for no valid reason is not permitted.
Every individual has the right to access the information that we hold about them. This includes recorded telephone calls. Therefore, the recordings will be stored in such a way to enable the Data Protection Officer to retrieve information relating to one or more individuals as easily as possible. Recordings of calls will be kept on file and periodically archived to external hard drives and stored in accordance with our data protection policy.