Laker Building & Fencing Supplies Ltd; (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Should you choose to open a Cash or Credit Account, both existing and new customers understand by using a Laker Account express permission is given to perform as necessary Credit checks, both Company and consumer credit searches, used to assess and reassess from time to time customer credit worthiness. Once your are a customer we will also retain such information and monitor and record the same in relation to your trade performance and ongoing credit facility.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR), the data controller address is the register Office and HQ of Laker Building & Fencing Supplies Ltd, 51 Gatwick Road, Manor Royal, Crawley. West Sussex. RH10 9RD.
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information, or you wish to opt out, you can contact us on any of the following mediums:
Email: Laker email
Telephone: 01293 334429
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data information about you:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website service or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail ‘over the counter’. In addition, by applying to open a Cash Account or a Credit Account, you are providing us permission to credit search your Limited Company as well as you personally. With the understanding this is how Laker Builders Merchant assess new customers credit worthiness. The information we hold may include information you provide when you submit enquires, subscribe to newsletters or services we may offer and or search for information. Such as, when we provide services that allow you to participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, or you enter into a survey or when reporting a problem with or through our website. The information you provide us may include information as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information, and other associated personal information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
We will use the information you provide to us:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to take steps, at your request, to enter into a contract to provide our services. For example, we may process your personal information to discuss our services with you or provide a quote for our services; Group companies may use your data and they will contact you by telephone and any subsequent means that you may agree with them. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto other Group companies for marketing purposes, please note that you have the right to object to this use of your personal information and to restrict our use of your personal information.
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties namely, local authorities, and other Group companies that may exist, to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS), telephone or in writing with information about services similar to those which we provided to you or which were the subject of a previous enquiry from you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit other Group companies to use your data, they will contact you by telephone and any subsequent means that you may agree with them. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details onto other Group companies for marketing purposes, please note that you have the right to object to this use of your personal information and to restrict our use of your personal information. You can exercise your right to object and/or restriction by contacting us using the above contact details;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about services that may interest you or them.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our Group if they exist, which includes any other current or future subsidiaries, holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 should they exist.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter in to with them or you.
- Debt recovery agencies for the purposes of recovering any outstanding service fees you may owe us.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Laker Building & Fencing Supplies or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Such as our lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers who, from time to time, provide us with professional services to ensure our legal and regulatory compliance.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you contract our services we will store your personal data for up to six years from completion of our services. This is to enable us to refer to our records and carry out a thorough investigation in the unlikely event that you want to bring a claim against us with the six year limitation period and to be able to provide company records if so required covering a six year period.
You have the right to request copies of the personal information we hold about you at any time.
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information from our records.
Please note that we will not be able to delete your personal information whilst we are still providing our services to you. We will be able to delete your personal information once you cancel the service or once the service is completed.
- Right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we restrict how we use your personal information.
You have the right to object to the collection and use of your personal information at any time.
- Right to data portability
You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal information in a legible and compatible format such as Excel or Word.
You can lodge a complaint with us directly by contacting us on one of the above contact details. You also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO are the regulator who makes sure that we use your personal information in a lawful way. You can lodge a complaint with the ICO by following this link https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ or calling the ICO on 0303 123 1113.